Services and prices
If you decide to start e-commerce in 2021, you are surprisingly lucky and we will explain why. We live in the era of digitalization, the transition from traditional market relations to digital. In the era of bitcoin and blockchains. It is getting easier and easier to register your business online, and you can open an online store in 1 day. Giants like YouTube and TikTok DO NOT charge a fee for registering commercial accounts and promoting goods YET. And this opportunity should not be missed.
Today, each user can gain worldwide fame, each video can “shoot” and get into the TOP views or the “Recommended video”. And if Google's algorithms are more or less clear to SEO specialists, then YouTube's algorithms are still a mystery, what worked yesterday no longer works today. On the one hand, it resembles a game of roulette and everyone has a question, is it worth starting this game at all.
First, you need to decide whether the YouTube channel is necessary for the online store at all. To create quality content, you need a good camera and microphone, the help of an operator, presenter, screenwriter, video editor, graphic designer. This will take time and money. On the other hand, let's consider how the YouTube channel can be useful for an online store.
1. Additional traffic, additional sales
When reviewing products, users will likely want to purchase them.
2. Additional source of income
Video hosting is now on the wave of popularity. For a certain number of subscribers, video viewing, and the number of hours, YouTube itself makes it possible to monetize the channel and connect an affiliate program. The channel owner receives advertising money. By creating a channel on YouTube, you can get additional income (with an increase in the number of subscribers - very good).
3. Increasing brand awareness and user loyalty
The more interesting and unique the videos are, the better the emotional connection of subscribers with the brand will be recorded. You will need the help of marketers to create interesting video content and improve your youtube report template.
4. Google love
Unique videos can serve not only as content for your YouTube channel but will also help promote your online store if you place them on product pages. Besides, video reviews of goods will help sales, as people no longer trust the pictures that can be processed by professionals in Photoshop.
5. An investment that will bring traffic/profit /benefit for a long time
Videos uploaded to the channel are your investment that will work for many years to come (if the content is high-quality and useful). The number of views and hours will only increase. Don't forget to update broken links and information in the description for each video.
You need a Google account to create a YouTube channel. Next, you will be prompted to link your Google account to the channel. By default, the channel name will be the same as the name of your Google account. To register a different channel name, Google support provides these guidelines
After that, you need to design a banner and place the company logo.
YouTube itself gives the following recommendations for splash screen design:
• Maximum size (also recommended) - 2560 x 1440 px;
• The minimum image size is 2048 x 1152 px;
• The image should not "weigh" within 4 to 6 MB
With a size of 2560 x 1440 px, the image in the header will look equally good on the desktop and the TV.
There is also a certain "safe area". This is the area where the main content information about the channel should be located. Having placed information in this zone, you can not be afraid that it will be cut off when viewed on different devices. Safe area size
To develop the banner itself, you will need the services of a designer. It is good if the banner is designed using corporate fonts, palette, brand logo. If the company has a mascot (character), it can also be placed on the banner. This will have a positive effect on recognition in the future. The size of the image for the logo can be taken as 800x800px.
All channel settings can be done by clicking on the gear icon. Simple menus and detailed descriptions make all settings easy. You can view statistics on the number of views and subscribers in the Creative Studio.
In the channel description, you need to indicate the address of the online store, its direction, brand concept, contact information.
This is perhaps the most exciting question for an online store owner. The first thought that comes to mind is product reviews. You can demonstrate both the appearance of the product and its functionality. You can go even further and shoot a video about unusual uses of your product. For example, you can make unusual crafts out of stationery or use them in everyday life.
Ideas of headings, about what to shoot a video for an online store:
2. Product comparison
3. New items of the online store
4. "How to choose". In this section, you can talk about how to choose the right one or another product. This heading is more related to cognitive content, and as a rule, cognitive and educational content has the most views.
5. TOP-5/10/20/50/100 gift ideas
6. Service of goods (if you have goods that are subject to service)
7. Video about the brand. In this section, you can publish content about brand development, for example, about the opening of a new office or point of sale, about the company's achievements.
8. UGC - Videos created by your clients. Achieving this level requires strong customer motivation, loyalty, and confidence brand positioning in the market. For a beginner online store, motivation can be in the form of bonuses, gifts, discounts.
The online cosmetics store has an infinite variety of topics for headings:
• tutorials on makeup, styling;
• care for skin, hair, nails, body;
• advice from experts and bloggers;
• video customer reviews.
Also, online stores with building materials can have a huge audience coverage:
• advice on repair;
• crash tests;
• video with installation/use of building materials at the facility;
• DIY tips for creating home furnishings.
At the end of each month, you need to conduct a subscriber analysis and divide your target audience into segments. It's better to create separate content for each segment. So, for example, if you want to reach your target audience “Kids”, you can open a category with an overview of toys. For an audience of housewives, you can open the heading "Recipes in a multicooker", and for book lovers - a review of one or another bestseller.
To keep your video content interesting and engaging from the very beginning, it is best to entrust this work to a marketing specialist who will draw up a detailed content plan.
To get a rough idea of what interests YouTube users the most, type the question "How?" In the video hosting search box. and add the keywords of your online store.
And here's another example
First, you need to collect the semantic core for the YouTube channel. A video is being shot according to these key requests. Then the list of keywords is given to the content manager, who makes a list of categories and topics for the video.
The next step will be to transfer the content plan to the scriptwriter. This specialist writes the script for the video. If you omit this step, videos may not interest your audience. A good professional knows exactly which videos are popular. After shooting, the material must be given to the video editor, who can add video effects and music (which, by the way, must be allowed for use in videos, YouTube can block the channel for copyright infringement).
After finishing the video, the designer creates the cover for the video. This point may seem insignificant, but when creating a “tasty” and bright cover, video views can increase significantly.
Further in the description of the video, a list of keywords is prescribed, and the video is “shared” on social networks to increase the number of views.
To tell you about your channel in a nutshell and attract more users, you can create a channel trailer - a short introduction video, a summary of your channel. A marketer and videographer will help you shoot and design a cool trailer.
In addition to the YouTube channel itself, videos can be posted on the blog and product cards of your online store. Diverse and unique video content will be a powerful tool for promoting your website in the SERP. CMS SoloMono oSc supports the ability to add videos. Read more in our instructions "How to add a video to an online store".
Links to videos can be posted on social networks, forums, partner sites (by agreement).
Successful channel management is not only visible shooting, it is also communication with your audience. It is also necessary to devote time to this. Respond to emails and comments from subscribers. Another important point is the response to toxic comments, and they will be. Whether or not to respond to negative comments, the marketer suggests, is part of the strategy.
Don'ts to do with a YouTube channel
There is no need to wind up subscribers and comments, firstly, because it is not effective, because among your subscribers there will be no target audience and potential buyers of your product, and secondly because for this you can get into a shadowban, from which it will be difficult to withdraw the channel.
You should refrain from negative responses to comments and provoke quarrels on your channel. Some vloggers can afford to promote the channel due to a large number of comments, but remember that for the brand this method will badly affect its reputation.
There are several basic rules that directly affect the promotion of videos on YouTube:
1. Keyword in the name of the file itself
2. Keywords in the title and description of the video, as well as tags. Use the keyword in the first sentence.
Council. To search for keywords, you can use the free Google Chrome extension - Keywords Everywhere. The extension works right in the YouTube search bar and provides detailed statistics on monthly search volume, competition, and ad cost per click for a given query.
3. It is necessary to publish the video at regular intervals. If no new content is added to the channel, YouTube will not promote it. If it is difficult to allocate time for shooting, it is better to shoot all video content in one day and then simply add one video clip every few days.
If we consider the behavioral side of subscribers, then it is also better for them to add videos on a specific schedule. Identify the most convenient time for your target audience and add videos during that time.
4. Post links to your videos in the online store, as well as in social networks. Besides, it will also be useful for the site, since the Google search engine in every possible way encourages web resources that host unique video content.
5. Interaction with your community also affects the promotion of the channel. To motivate users to leave comments, you can ask questions in the description itself below the video. Reactions to user comments are also taken into account by YT algorithms. You can leave links in the comments.
6. Analyzing the statistics of each video will help you better understand what your audience likes. Based on the analysis, it is necessary to do optimization, correct keywords, and identify what content "hits" subscribers best.
What parameters in YouTube Analytics should you pay attention to:
• Watch time - allows you to determine how many hours users watched the channel's video;
• Traffic source - shows where users come from; it will help to identify the most effective web resources where users are coming from;
• Subscriber Rate - shows how many subscribers have subscribed and unsubscribed for each video;
• Audience retention - Shows the exact time when the viewer stopped watching the video. This indicator will help analyze the content of the videos themselves;
• Comments - helps you quickly see user comments under your videos and react to them
7. Longer videos are better ranked by video hosting, but with the proviso that the viewer watches it to the end. From this, it follows that the content of the video clip should be 100% valuable for the user.
8. Setting up targeting for the target audience will give an increase in subscribers. Typically, targeting is used as the first accelerator when launching a channel. Further, the channel moves on its own, if you apply the above methods.
9. You can encourage users to watch your videos with eye-catching covers. A marketer and graphic designer will help you develop a selling and attractive video cover. To make your videos noticeably different from others, you can design the covers in the corporate style of the online store (the example below shows how we do this). Preview cover size: 1280x720px
TubeBuddy is a Google Chrome extension that allows you to bulk edit all your videos on a YouTube channel, copy tags and paste them into other videos. It also provides detailed statistics (including the number of shares on fb). A handy tool for mass video editing on a channel. Especially for those with more than 100+ videos
Movavi Video Editor is a super functional program for video editing, adding music, and effects. The functionality is understandable even for beginners, so if at the initial stage there are no financial resources for a videographer, you can try to edit the video yourself.
Keywords Everywhere - it was written about this Google extension above, it helps to find keywords within the YouTube service
Before deciding whether to create a channel for your online store or not, you need to weigh the pros and cons, calculate the costs of this project and the payback period (the marketing team will also help in this matter). But the creation of a YouTube channel will definitely have a positive effect on the promotion of an online store in SEO. Want to create an online store today? Go to the order page and leave a request. Tomorrow you can test your online store for 14 days for FREE.
Leave your review