The company Google is constantly working on its search engine and improving it. It used to be a promiscuous accumulation of links and websites, today in Google you can for a few seconds to find a quick answer to your query. SERP added more functions.
In Featured Snippets in 70% of cases fall sites in the first 10 positions of the TOP. This is a great opportunity to become the first in the race for a leadership position and to win a large sum in the form of high traffic, trust users and search engines.
Today often confuse the two concepts – Special Results and Featured Snippets. Special Results is the property of Google. The information here is unchanged. Most often in a Special article from Wikipedia.
In the Featured Snippets can get ANY SITE of TOP 10s. Google adds if that resource which in his opinion accurately and correctly answered the user's query. If Google bots will see the information is more relevant than yours, they will choose a competitor.
1. Rich Answer (Instant Answer, Quick Answer) is Not the Chosen Fragment. For any or request (most often it is a question about the data of a planet or a calculation of numbers) the user receives immediate, short answer.
2. Graph Knowledge – Not The Chosen Fragment. Graph Knowledge can be either to the right or in a carousel with pictures. Most often appears when you query about a brand, a public person or organization.
3. Rich Snippet – Not A Featured Snippets. Rich Snippet stands out among the rest thanks to the data markup on the website. Advanced Snippet consists of: a title, bread crumbs, detailed description, rating.
The Featured Snippets, Rich Answers or Answer Boxes is a special block above the organic search results which Google sometimes shows for certain queries, usually questions (who / what / where / when / why / how). It contains a summary (in the form of a paragraph, list, table or video) and the publication date, title, link to the web page from which a response was received, and the URL.
Rich answers or Answer Boxes is of several types:
• Paragraph - the answer to the question of the user in the form of continuous text.
• Numbered or bulleted lists - step by step guide that appears in most cases to the question "How to do...". Under the verb to do refers to any user action, for example to purify, enhance, connect, translate, etc.
• Tables often appear when prompted on the characteristics of smartphones
Using this Featured Snippets Google is trying to make life easier for seekers of answers to their questions and provides all the information on the page of the SERP page (Search Engine Result Page). Now you have the question: "How, then, increases the traffic, if the user finds all the information in the Chosen Fragment and does not transition?". Users make the transition to learn more about their interested topic. Worse is the case with the video content by the video you can see without going to the site, and directly in the search engine. One of the tricks is a call to action directly in the video to subscribe or watch other videos on your channel.
Let's talk about the 3 other types of the Featured Snippets in the form of a paragraph, list or table. Find out what queries often fall into FS and how to reduce at the same CTR.
Most often, in a ratio of 82% of FS is in the form of a paragraph. To entice the user to click on the link, you must briefly answer the question, and at the same time interested to read more.
You have the opportunity to get into this FS when answering questions:
• How to make / get...
Page of website or online shop FAQ is perfect for getting into the match.
The Featured Snippets is displayed in the form of a Quick guide or instructions, step-by-step recipe. To get to if using a bulleted or numbered list, if the answer to such queries of users like:
• How do I...
To get to if using a bulleted list requests:
• List of best...
• Product rating
• A list of functions
Featured Snippets in the form of tables displayed on the query:
To increase the CTR of the Featured Snippets, make a table with number of rows greater than 4.
Experts give some tips on how today, you can get into Featured Snippets:
1. Spend Analytics key queries. With the help of paid services Ahrefs and SEMrush to analyze what keywords your website is already in Featured Snippets. Carry out an analysis of competitors and find out by what requests they got into the FS. To find out what other questions users are asking, you can use the Serpstat service (Content Marketing Section)
2. 54-58 words get into the FS. In these words, you need to briefly answer the question and then more deeply disclose the content so that the user goes to the site. Image and video must be associated with a key request. Include the keyword in the name of the image file, in alt, in the image itself.
3. Content must be properly formatted so that Google can read it. Use the HTML tags H1 and H2 to answer the question and the <p> tags for text and <ol> or <ul> and <li> for list items.
We are developing online stores with ready-made micro-marking so that your search snippets look more attractive to customers. Have a good sales!