For faster filling of the site with goods, you can use an Excel file, but it is very important to create it correctly.
In order not to make mistakes, you must go through "Products - Import Export"
And make the export of goods that are already on your site.
To do this, click the "Export" button
In the window that opens, using the drop-down lists, select what you need to export or leave unchanged.
Next, click "Start File Creation"
After you have created an Excel file, you need to open it and fill it with your data.
In doing so, you can delete those columns that you do not need.
1) You can't delete "model" and "EOREOR" columns.
2) "model" should be unique.
3) You can't name many fileds by same name.
Here is a screenshot of the file that needs to be filled in, some columns and rows have been deleted.
Full list of columns:
- model - product model (or "code", or "sku"). Required and unique field;
- name - product name;
- description - full description of the product, including html tags;
- v_products_head_title_tag - product meta title;
- v_products_head_desc_tag - product meta description;
- images - product images. If there are more than 1 images, they will be separated by semicolon (;) ;
- price - product price, without currency. Integer separator - dot (.);
- discount - price with a discount (if it was set for this product);
- qty - quantity of products in stock;
- date - date the product was added;
- category_1 - the first level category in which current product is located (for example: Computers);
- category_2 - the second level subcategory, which contains current product (for example: Computers - Laptops);
- category_3 - subcategory of the third level, which contains current product (for example: Computers - Laptops - Ultrabooks);
- category_4 - the fourth level subcategory containing current product;
- category_5 - fifth level subcategory containing current product;
- manufacturer - product manufacturer (or brand or vendor);
- Color, Display, Processor, RAM... - product attributes. There can be an unlimited number of these titles (the limit can only be reached in Microsoft Excel, a maximum of 255 columns). The Value of corresponding Attribute is displayed in product's cell (For example, for Attribute "Color", the Value could be "Red, White, Black", etc. If current product has few values for same attribute, they should be separated by "||", for example, for Attribute "RAM" The value can be "8GB||16GB";
- status - product status. Can take values: "active" or "noactive";
- EOREOR - indicates the end of a line. Value should be also "EOREOR". Required field.
After filling the file with your data, save it in the same format in which you exported it, CSV.
To import data from a file to your website, click "Import"
In the window that opens, select the Delimiter that you selected when exporting the file, and also select and load the file you changed.
After all these actions, click "Insert into DB"
Everything is ready, products have been imported to your website.