Finally we got to a separate section of our blog - “Cases”. It is here that we will publish the results of our work. On the account are many interesting, complex projects that will help you understand if we can solve the tasks.
The client is located in Malaysia and sells photo equipment and accessories, computers, audio equipment, drones and other new products in the world of electronics https://shashinki.com/. The online store was created on the osCommerce 2.2 platform, which was written for 14 years. By 2019, the platform’s functionality and capabilities have reached their limit, so there was a need to transfer the online store to a more adaptive platform.
What problems arose on the previous engine:
• Due to the complex design and outdated interface, it was difficult for customers to navigate, sales fell
• For security reasons, code upgrade to PHP version 7.2 was required
• For the mobile and desktop versions, it was necessary to prepare different media content
• Outdated design of the mobile version of the site
• Different website addresses for mobile and desktop versions, which was an obstacle to successful promotion
• When users from the desktop got to the mobile version of the site, making purchases was difficult due to display on mobile devices and vice versa, when users from the phone got to the desktop version, making purchases was also inconvenient
• The whole site began to work very slowly due to the constant increase in the number of products in the Database
In August 2019, it was decided to transfer the online store to the new osCommerce platform (Solomono Edition). You can read more about all the features here https://solomono.net/oscommerce-a-93.html. Moving and finalizing the functionality took about 2 months. What did you get as a result:
1. Increased website loading speed
2. We created a responsive design for the desktop and mobile versions with a single website address
3. Added over 200 new features and modules
4. SEO metrics have been greatly improved by removing duplicate pages generated by the old engine
5. 4 payment systems are connected: PayPal, Visa & MasterCard, Maybank, FPX online banking.
6. The mobile version has been completely rethought and improved, taking into account the convenience of the interface and improving the download speed of the mobile page.
7. The checkout page has been redone - now the entire order process is on one page and the data is changed without reloading the page
8.Many new fast loading technologies have been introduced: ajax basket in a pop-up window, auto search, endless scrolling of goods, quick filter of goods by characteristics without reloading the page, tabs on the product page, quick adding of goods to the basket, fast ajax-sorting of goods,
9. A lot of functionality has been improved for SEO promotion, for example, meta-tag templates for different product groups, micro-markup, goal analytics, Sitemap.xml generation, the ability to place seo texts for products, categories, information pages and brand pages, website acceleration for Google PageSpeed Insights
10. A completely new, convenient administration part of the site, improved reports, a more convenient list of orders and customers, flexible adjustment of discounts, recommended products, import and export, and much more. Admin is fully responsive for mobile devices.
In the online store, filtering is enabled by the following criteria:
• Subcategory of goods
• New or used product
• Import or the nearest warehouse
• Product rating.
The client wanted to display customer reviews on a separate page. We made it possible to see the rating, review and date of addition, as well as photos of the product itself. When you click, you go to the product page.
Adding a hardware repair page
The company, in addition to selling goods, can also carry out repair services. Another opportunity on the site was to be an application for repair of equipment. We brought this service to a separate page where all the information is presented, and also a template for filling out the form is presented in pdf format. After filling out, the application must be sent to e-mail.
Since the client is selling not only new, but also used equipment, it became necessary to create a proposal for cooperation. On a separate page, the conditions of cooperation are presented and a form for filling in PDF format is also presented. By filling out this form, partners send it by mail to get a price on their equipment and put it in an online store.
After all the modifications and relocation, the following result was achieved:
1. Sales increased, conversion increased
2. The online store is moving forward in the search engine, pages are better ranked
3. Traffic is constantly growing
4. Despite the high load and a large number of products, the site loads quickly
5. The simple form of placing an order now does not cause difficulties for customers
6. Quick transition from the site to the social pages of the store and instant messengers
If your online store needs a cool upgrade, write to us and we will help to solve this problem.